COST: FREE! Compliments of The Newark Museum, but ACI donations are always welcome!
Come join us on a fully accessible tour of the Newark Museum, the largest museum in NJ, on Saturday, August 1st. ACI has worked successfully with the Newark Museum in ensuring that all of its exhibits and collections are accessible to people with disabilities. Presented by ACI's Social Rec program, the tour, provided free to ACI members, will highlight its vast exhibits and art galleries.
Some of the featured exhibits include:
- Royals & Regalia: Inside The Palaces of Nigeria's Monarchs
- My Rock Stars
- The Sheridan Theater Experience, Rise of The City, circa 1937
- "Reach for the Stars" @The Alice and Leonard Dreyfuss Planetarium, an interactive theater for learning about astronomy, space and planetary science. Audiences can explore the constellations, travel through the Solar System, visit distant galaxies and soar to the edge of the Universe.
- Jewelry Discovery Day: Buried Treasure
- Visit The Newark Museum Garden, School House & Fire House
- Various art galleries
- The Ballantine House - featuring the massive mansion-like home of Newark's 1st beer-brewing family of 1885, which is built in the image of what homes were like in the 1650's.
From 12:00 to 1:15 PM, we will be going on a museum expert/docent-guided tour; followed by a self-guided tour from 1:15 pm to 3:30 pm. There will also be various museum gift shops, as well as a museum cafe.
Please register by filling out the form below. Deadline is Monday, July 27th, 2015.
NOTE: The Museum is prepared for any disability accommodations needed such as hearing impaired interpreters, visually impaired assistance, physical accommodations, etc.