COST: General Admission $55; Collaborating Partners, Sexual Violence Advocates and SANEs $35; Students $25
All individuals should have access to information and services to discover and meet their sexuality related needs and desires. This may include expressing one’s sexual desires, forming close relationships, making decisions about sexual activities, going for a sexual health exam, using a safer sex or contraceptive, or getting support as a survivor of intimate partner violence or sexual assault. The SHARES Task Force conference provides space for individuals with disabilities and their caregivers, professionals, and service providers to access information and engage in workshops together.
The goal of the 2017 SHARES Task Force conference is to highlight approaches that support healthy sexuality and people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. As a new feature, the conference will feature a track for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to communicate about healthy sexuality and their needs.
Who Should Attend: Mental health professionals, health and human service providers, developmental disabilities agency direct care staff, sexual violence advocates and SANES, case managers, behavior specialists, self-advocates, parents and caregivers.
- Sexuality, Health, Awareness, Rights, Education and Safety
- Task Force for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Finding Your Individuality (FYI)
- Developmental Disabilities Center (DDC) at Morristown Medical Center
- Atlantic Health/Morris CARES (formerly known as the Morris County Sexual Assault Center)
- NJ Division of Disability Services (DDS)
- Middlesex L.E.A.D.S. - A collaboration of the Middlesex County Center for Empowerment and the Alliance Center for Independence
- NJ Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD)
To learn more about the conference and/or SHARES Task Force, please contact Tracy A. Higgins at:
Finding Your Individuality, 775 Mountain Boulevard, Watchung, NJ 07069