REV UP New Jersey
The Alliance Center for Independence (ACI) is proud to organize REV UP in New Jersey! REV UP New Jersey is part of a national movement whose aim is to promote the turn out of people with disabilities at the polls, remove barriers to voting, promote accessible voting machines and polling places, educate voters about issues and candidates and protect voters' rights to participate in elections. We invite you to join our efforts!
We cannot rest on our past victories. We must build on the past and move forward using the power we have acquired. This power can be exerted by Making the DISABILITY VOTE Count! Policymakers are influenced by large numbers of people turning out to vote in the primaries and the general elections. Together we have the power to change our communities!
Join thousands of New Jerseyites with disabilities, family members and our supporters in important upcoming elections! Join us in the REV UP Campaign of New Jersey!
DISABILITY VOTER RIGHTS
As a voter with a disability, you have the right to:
- Vote privately and independently
- Have an accessible polling place and accessible voting machines
- Seek assistance from workers at the polling place who have been trained to use the accessible voting machines
- Bring someone to help you vote
JOIN ADAPT NEW JERSEY!
Are you interested in joining an ADAPT chapter in New Jersey? ADAPT is a national grass-roots community that organizes disability rights activists to engage in nonviolent direct action, including civil disobedience, to assure the civil and human rights of people with disabilities to live in freedom.
NJ GUBERNATORIAL CANDIDATES QUESTIONNAIRE
ACI and REV UP NJ have requested that the NJ gubernatorial candidates participate in completing a questionnaire to better inform NJ voters with disabilities on where they stand with important issues.
Voter Registration forms are available at the ACI office. We are here to assist you. ACI also offers presentations on voter education and voting rights. For additional information on voting, click on the below links.
State resources and events
Find out what's on your ballot
Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law
Guide for voters with mental disabilities
A national platform connecting volunteer drivers with anybody needing a ride to cast their vote. The platform is accessible to voters with disabilities.
Disability Rights New Jersey
Have a complaint about your voting experience?
Get to the Polls
Find your polling location.
NJ Council on Developmental Disabilities
What is voting?
NJ Division of Elections
Voter Registration Forms
The US Department of Justice
Information on the National Voter Registration Act (NVRA)
Voter ID Info Cards
Encounter a problem while trying to vote?
There are several resources that can assist voters with disabilities in real time.
- Visit 866ourvote.org or call 1-866-OUR-VOTE (1-866-687-8683) if you have any issues or concerns related to Election Day.
- Call 888-Ve-Y-Vota (888-839-8682) for Bilingual English and Spanish assistance.
- Call 888-API-VOTE (888-274-8683) for assistance in English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Bengali, Urdu, Hindi, or Tagalog.
- Call #YallaVote (844-418-1682) - Bilingual: English and Arabic.
- Contact the Protection & Advocacy Agency in your state. NCIL has compiled a directory of state protection and advocacy voter assistance hotlines: advocacymonitor.com
- The Arc’s Voter Support Service: This tool makes it easier for people with disabilities to report problems on Election Day and to get real-time help.
- Cada Voto Cuenta: LatinoJustice PRLDEF has launched a new smartphone voter protection app to help citizens report voting rights violations while voting in the 2016 elections.
This work is supported with a grant from the NJ Council on Developmental Disabilities.