Part time with potential for full time
DDD SUPPORTS PROGRAM - DIRECT SUPPORT PERSON
The Alliance Center for Independence (ACI) is a Center for Independent Living and a DDD Approved Fee-For-Service agency in Edison, NJ. ACI provides Support Services in Middlesex, Union and Somerset counties.
We are currently seeking a Direct Support person for consumers in Middlesex County who is enthusiastic about assisting people with Developmental Disabilities/Intellectual Disabilities in being independent and reaching their goals. The hours will be part time initially, with the potential to work full time.
Responsibilities of the job include: working one on one, developing and implementing lesson plans, writing reports and communicating with Support Coordinators, ACI staff and Family/Caregivers.
ACI supports the philosophy of independent living for all persons with disabilities.
Approved Support Services:
- Career Planning
- Community Based Supports
- Community Inclusion
- Pre-Vocational Training
- Supported Employment
- Enthusiastic, Flexible, Hard Working with a Good Sense of Humor
- Excellent documentation, organization and writing skills
- Independent minded who is also comfortable working with a team
- College preferred but will consider someone with appropriate experience
- Candidates will be subject to a background/fingerprint check
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Able to complete DDD Mandated Staff training & Professional Development within 90 days of hire
- Able to complete CPR and First Aide Certifications
If you’re interested in joining the ACI family, please email your resume to Carole
Tonks, Executive Director at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.