The Alliance Center for Independence (ACI) is a Center for Independent Living and a DDD Approved Fee-For-Service agency in Edison, NJ. ACI provides Support Services in Middlesex, Union and Somerset counties.
We are currently seeking an Employment Instructor for consumers in Middlesex/Somerset/Union Counties who is enthusiastic about assisting people with Developmental Disabilities/Intellectual Disabilities in being independent and reaching their employment and independent living goals.
Responsibilities of the job include: working one on one, developing and implementing lesson plans, writing reports and communicating with Support Coordinators, ACI staff and Family/Caregivers.
ACI supports the philosophy of independent living for all persons with disabilities.
Approved Support Services:
- Career Planning
- Community Based Supports
- Community Inclusion
- Pre-Vocational Training
- Supported Employment
- Enthusiastic, Flexible, Hard Working with a Good Sense of Humor
- Excellent documentation, organization and writing skills
- Independent minded who is also comfortable working with a team
- College preferred but will consider someone with appropriate experience
- Mandatory: Candidates will be subject to drug testing as well as a background/fingerprint check
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Able to complete DDD Mandated Staff training & Professional Development within 90 days of hire
- Able to complete CPR and First Aide Certifications
If you’re interested in joining the ACI family, please email your resume. No calls, please.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Bilingual a plus.
Job Type: Full time