The Alliance Center for Independence (ACI), a community-based grass-roots non-profit 501 (c)(3) disability organization located in Edison, NJ, is seeking a full-time (35 hour per week) Information and Referral Coordinator/Social Recreation Event Planner.
Job Description: Responds to requests for information on disability related issues; provides referrals to other organizations and services, organize social and recreation activities, conduct presentations and manning exhibit table at events, and other duties assigned by supervisor.
This position also involves facilitating monthly advocacy and peer groups for adults.
ACI is one of 11 Centers for Independent Living in New Jersey that supports and promotes independent living for people with disabilities in Middlesex, Union and Somerset counties in New Jersey.
- Have at least one to two years paid work experience in the disability field.
- Possess solid writing and verbal communication skills.
- Have valid driver's license. Travel to Middlesex, Somerset and Union counties required.
- Be able to work some weekends and nights.
- Proficient with computers.
- Ability to define problems, and collect and interpret complex information.
- Other helpful qualities: the ability to multitask, work as a team, take initiative and think under pressure.
Salary: $25,000 to $30,000.
ACI is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring staff which reflects the diversity of our community. Reasonable accommodations will be made upon request. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Strong candidates please submit a resume, including three references, to:
Luke Koppisch, Deputy Director
Alliance Center for Independence
629 Amboy Ave. Edison, NJ 088837
No phone calls please.