UPDATE: This position has been filled.
Alliance Center for Independence (ACI), an organization that assists people with disabilities in Middlesex, Union and Somerset Counties, seeks a highly motivated, enthusiastic, outgoing self-starter to coordinate a school to adult life transition initiative for students and adults with disabilities.
Programs will focus on implementation of innovative functional skill-building curricula with an emphasis on self-exploration, self-advocacy, independence, community living and employment readiness. Position requires building and sustaining relationships and agreements with Special Services Administrators and positioning the agency as a vendor of services to local vocational rehabilitation offices.
Candidate must be able to:
- maintain and update curricula.
- adapt content to accommodate students' needs.
- maintain appropriate fiscal and programmatic records and be detail-oriented.
- prepare required reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- quickly transition from instructional duties to record-keeping.
- interact with professionals and young adults.
- vary work schedule based on program needs.
- travel to meetings as required. (Mileage for work travel is reimbursed.)
- assist Supervisor, where needed.
Candidate must have a minimum bachelor's degree in special education or similar field AND 1 year of paid work experience.
Skills: Excellent communication, networking, writing, computer and internet skills, and marketing and presentation skills.
Comments: PT time hours with goal of FT hours, depending on development/success of program. Great opportunity for a committed professional to forge an expanding career path.
Detailed cover letter and resume required for application to be complete. Resumes must be emailed to email@example.com or sent via fax to 732-738-4416. No phone calls.